Job title: Vice President Centralized Accounting
Company: Pyramid Hotel Group MA06
Job description: Overview
Pyramid Hotel Group is fast growing leader in hotel management and seeks a strong, experienced leader to grow along with our company, and to be a part of the culture that puts its people first and we are growing!
Due to recent expansion, we have begun a search for a Vice President Centralized Accounting to be based out of the Houston, TX area.
This position will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Central Accounting
Function. Centralized Accounting will be responsible for the timely month end close function, all account reconciliations, fixed asset accounting, tax filings (Sales, Use, Occupancy, Property, Personal Property), treasury functions, payroll, and accounts payable.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee daily operations of the Centralized Accounting function including supervision of centralized accounting team
- Manage and train staff (remote and in office) to achieve efficient and effective service delivery
- Design and implement accounting procedures for an expedited monthly close
- Participate in the establishment and implementation of accounting policies & best practices
- Oversee the Treasury function (banking and merchant ID’s)
- Direct the payroll and accounts payable function to ensure accurate and timely execution
- Oversee the Fixed Asset accounting for a limited number of properties
- Interact with regional & property-based operations and finance teams
- Support financial reporting requirements and organization’s needs & efforts towards data analytics
- Establish standards that ensure a best-in-class control environment
- Build processes to comply with statement on auditing standards to support any audit requirements (financial and tax) including SAS 70
- Supports, manages and initiates change within the organization, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate process
- Four-year college degree, with a major in accounting/finance
- At least 10 years of accounting experience, preferably within hotel accounting vertical.
- Experience operating in a centralized accounting environment preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Accounting Suite a plus.
- Certified Public Accountant – Required
Location: Houston, TX
Job date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 07:34:04 GMT
Apply for the job now!