Job title: Sr. Software Engineer- Magento
Company: Sunbelt Rentals
Job description: Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer’s first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Sr. Software Engineer
The Sr. Software Engineer is responsible for contributing to the work product of the agile team and for solving challenging technical problems within a project with little guidance or supervision, while ensuring that the work product is of high quality and adheres to the defined architecture best practices of the company.
- Takes direction from the development lead for the projects and partners closely with enterprise and technical architects and other team members to ensure that the high-level design of the proposed solution is fully understood
- Helps to break the proposed implementation into chunks of work that can be executed with the other software engineers on the agile team and will work closely with the team to timely resolve complex issues to help maximize productivity
- Partners with team members (Development Lead, Architects, and Product Owners) to help to ensure that the deliverables meet the customer and business objectives of a given project, as well as set an example and provide guidance and mentoring to other engineers to ensure their success and high productivity
- Develop on the LAMP/LEMP stack using modern object-oriented PHP
- Collaborate with other developers using a Git-based team workflow to branch, merge, and deploy changes, as well as continuous integration and build tools such as Ansible, Docker, QuickBuild, or Jenkins, etc.
- Assisting with the optimization of Magento functionality and updating website features and security patches, as needed
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other relevant engineering field or equivalent work experience
- Experience with complete eCommerce lifecycle development
- Extensive knowledge in Magento 2, including custom module development, extensions, integrations and APIs
- Previous involvement integrating with third-party API’s and web services
- Experience maintaining and supporting a Magento e-commerce site
- Understanding of modern software engineering practices, design patterns and object-oriented technologies
- Experience working in a DevOps model and with a variety of agile development methodologies like Scrum or Lean
- Experience with tracking pixels and tag management, including tools such as: Google Tag Manager, Facebook Pixel, Google Ads Pixel and Google Tag Assistant
- Understanding of modern UI/UX trends
- Knowledge of Google Tag Manager, SEO, Google Analytics, PPC, and A/B Testing
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to project-manage and work to strict deadlines
- Coding of the Magento templates
- Prior experience managing a CMS and eCommerce websites, creating landing pages and managing website content to help drive ROI (Magento and SiteFinity preferred)
- Magento certification preferred
Must be able to bend, squat, crouch and/or reach and lift up to 25 pounds or more, as required by the job. Some Sunbelt jobs may require driving for long periods of time, loading and unloading heavy equipment, performing work in extreme weather conditions including rain, wind or excessive temperatures and/or night and weekend work. All duties must be performed according to Sunbelt’s safety policies and guidelines. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with ADA/ADAAA.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day.
Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer — Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran and any other protected ground
Gear up for an exciting career!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.
Location: Fort Mill, SC
Job date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 00:02:29 GMT
Apply for the job now!