Job title: Solutions Engineer
Company: California Amplifier
Job description: Overview
We are CalAmp, a connected intelligence company that gives people the ability to track, monitor and recover their vital assets with real-time visibility and insights.
Currently, we are seeking an experienced Senior Solutions Engineer with at least 10 years of experience, based in the Central Time Zone. This is an exciting opportunity for those who align with our core values (Inclusion, Innovation, Execution, Customer Success) and for those who desire to build, sell, and/or support connected solutions and services.
We proudly offer the stability and security of an established publicly traded tech company yet nurture and embody an entrepreneurial spirit. We give our people excellent compensation packages, an extensive suite of medical and retirement benefits, a flexible paid time off policy, accommodating work schedules, an employee stock purchase plan, continued education assistance & training programs, support for personal wellness, and company sponsored philanthropic opportunities.
Please note, our ideal candidate is not necessarily someone who meets all the posted requirements. In fact, this is just a representative of how we know the job has been done in the past. We would love to talk to you even if you don’t check all the boxes here, but believe you bring your own unique capabilities that can be utilized to ensure the success of the role and the organization.
The Solutions Engineer (SE) is primarily responsible for supporting the Sales Team to evaluate, qualify, and deliver integrated solutions for enterprise-class customers.
The job duties of the Solutions Engineer will complement the Account Executive by focusing on business and technology alignment to drive the highest possible value for CalAmp customers. The SE drives the solution design by applying CalAmp products, third party offerings, and integration needs to develop a plan that both customer and CalAmp alike can deliver on.
A Solutions Engineer will be engaged in:
- Supporting Account Executives in calls, customesr visits, presentations, discovery and product overviews
- Develop customized presentations across various mediums (in-person, vertual, etc), conduct product demonstrations, respond to RFI/RFPs, requirement definitions, customer stories and ROI analysis in order to deliver the most compelling story to the prospective customer.
- Remaining well-versed in the whole CalAmp portfolio of products and services, and make ideal product selections that include specific customer use cases and highlight the value proposition being offered
- Standing up prototypes or proof-of-concepts (POC) that are cenetered around the customers use-cases and include detailed success criteria.
- Development of Statements of work (SOW), Product Requirement Documentation (PRD), Contracts or other deliverables intended to be used as a platform to implement a customer’s final solution successfully.
- Reporting and communicating statuses, state changes, and relevant discoveries to the Account Executives and directly to the customer.
- Identify the key Technical Decision Maker and obtain technical validation and support for the solution proposal.
- 3+ years experience in technical sales, pre-sales engagements
- BS/BA Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent work experience with complex technical solutions.
- Experienced in SaaS selling motions with a “Can-do” positive attitude.
- Experienced communicator, written and oral as well as throughly listening to customer’s business pain points.
- Experienced in exploring business processes and driving process improvements through application of technology
- Telematics Server Provider (TSP) job experience
- Experience with debugging end-to-end systems (hardware, embedded firmware, telecomunications, servers, and web based GUI)
- Enthusiastic self-starter with an outgoing personality
- Strong relationship buiding skills across customers as well as internal stake-holders
If you are a talented Senior Solutions Engineer with expertise in Technical Sales and an interest in the Internet of Things (IoT) domain, we want to speak with you. Interviews are occurring this week and next so apply now if interested.
Location: Dallas, TX
Job date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 00:01:36 GMT
Apply for the job now!