Totchos are tater tot nachos. They are an ultimate extremely easy family meal. In this post, we’ll teach you our favorite lunch or dinnertime version.
They are simple to make, great for a group, and my kiddos love them!
- Frozen tater tots
- Shredded cheese
- Ground beef
- Black beans
- Garnish options – sour cream, avocado, green onions, cilantro
Tatchos are an easy one-pan meal. Simply layer your tater tots, then ground beef, half of the cheese, beans, corn, and then the second half of cheese on the top.
After you have baked your sheet pan meal, garnish with sour cream and fresh toppings like avocado, cilantro and green onions. This recipe is so easy; you can see my 4-year-old assembling it here.
Tips for Making:
- Customize the toppings for your taste. Another popular variation is chili cheese—top your tater tots with cheese and a can of chili. After it bakes, add sour cream and onion to garnish.
- If you want to swap the shredded cheese for nacho cheese, you can.
- Try a breakfast variation by swapping the ground beef for turkey sausage or bacon.
Here are some other recipes that go great with tatchos:
Totchos are nachos made with a base of tater tots instead of a base of tortilla chips. You can use any combination of toppings you enjoy on nachos.
Tater tots are naturally vegan and typically gluten-free. This recipe is very easy to customize for your preferences.
Sheet Pan Totchos
Sheet pan nachos with tater tots and ground beef.
- 32 ounces tater tots 1 bag
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1 cup ground beef seasoned
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup canned corn drained
- 1 cup canned black beans drained
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup green onions
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup tomatoes chopped
Prep the corn and beans by draining the cans.
Chop the tomatoes, cilantro, green onions, and avocado slices.
Cook the ground beef. I season my ground beef with garlic powder and salt because my kids prefer it that way. You can use Mexican seasoning if you like it more spicy.
On a baking sheet covered in parchment paper, arrange the tater tots in a single layer that covers the sheet.
Sprinkle half of the shredded cheese over the tater tots. Next, sprinkle ground beef, corn, beans, and the rest of the shredded cheese on top.
Bake at 400ºF for 30 minutes.
Garnish with sour cream and fresh toppings like avocado, cilantro, and green onions.
Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to three days.
Calories: 534kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 773mg | Potassium: 982mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 411IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 259mg | Iron: 3mg