Job title: Senior Hardware Design Engineer
Job description: About Meter:
Meter is developing next-generation volumetric imaging technology. We are building a machine that can see inside of anything and cloud-based software for processing the complex, volumetric data that the machine produces. Our technology will give engineers, designers, and eventually medical practitioners more confidence in their processes and lower the barrier to high quality imaging and inspection tools.
Our team of engineers includes world-class researchers, industrial designers, PhDs, founders of successful startups, and zero egos. We are backed by some of the top venture capital funds and angel investors in Silicon Valley and beyond. The company is headquartered in Cambridge, MA and has an office in San Francisco, CA.
- Define system-level specifications for complex electro-mechanical systems
- Create block diagrams, select components for analog and digital circuits
- Perform circuit design, schematic capture, PCB layout
- Bring up boards and see them through testing and production
- Work with our outstanding group of engineers to deliver integrated systems at a challenging price/performance target
- Review designs and mentor other engineers
- Have at least seven years of experience designing electronic hardware
- Are an expert user of ECAD software such as Altium Designer, Cadence, Mentor, KiCad, etc.
- Are familiar with high speed digital design, controlled impedance, crosstalk, signal integrity
- Have experience debugging board-level communication protocols (e.g. I2C, SPI, USB, etc.)
- Have at least basic familiarity with MCU firmware development
- Are comfortable using Python, Linux, and basic modern data-science tools
- Have shipped your prior designs in a mass-produced product
- Have a degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field
Bonus Points For:
- Deep knowledge of grounding schemes
- EMI / EMC and safety-standards expertise
- A solid understanding of system-level and PCB-level thermal issues
- Experience with motor drives and position control
- Experience with cameras or other digital imaging systems
- Familiarity with high-voltage power electronics
Meter offers both competitive cash and equity compensation. We have a generous vacation policy as well as paid parental leave, health, dental, vision, retirement and commuter benefits.
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination or harassment based on protected categories, Meter also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior from ever gaining a foothold in our company. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Meter.
Reach out if you want to be a part of what we are building.
Location: Boston, MA
Job date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 07:45:04 GMT
Apply for the job now!