Job title: Sedalia Maintenance Manager
Company: Prysmian Group
Job description: Overview:
The Maintenance Manager position is responsible for planning and implementing preventative maintenance, equipment repairs, installation and modification of building construction and repair on an efficient and timely basis through effective management and utilization of the Maintenance Department. This position is responsible for maintaining and initiating all health, safety and environmental standards, managing projects within budget and deadlines, maintenance of production equipment to support manufacturing, and determining training and development needs of the maintenance team members.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct the activities of the maintenance department to ensure that all plant equipment is maintained and repaired with minimum downtime.
- Scheduling preventative maintenance for all machines and make sure scheduling is executed.
- Coordinate priority maintenance scheduling with production requirements in conjunction with department managers and production scheduling.
- Enforce all safety procedures and policies.
- Establish contact with vendors as needed and take bids, approve bids and supervise and inspect work to assure quality.
- Budget and control of department costs.
- Creates and implements strategic directions for reliability and maintenance.
- Implement asset productivity improvement programs in areas of uptime, mechanical integrity and reliability engineering.
- Perform special projects as required.
- Talent management – the desire and ability to foster the growth of team member’s. Manages all personnel reviews, skills matrix, training oversight and recruiting.
- A results driven individual who has demonstrated ability working in a high performance manufacturing environment.
- Attention to details with the ability to manage the big picture.
- Must be able to manage multiple, complex tasks and deal easily with pressure on a day in and day out basis.
- Ability to motivate, communicate and drive continuous improvement.
- Critical thinker, with excellent analytical abilities.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Solid planning, leadership and administrative skills.
- Strong skills in lean manufacturing or Six Sigma with the ability to lead kaizens regarding TPM, uptime and safety.
- BS degree in Engineering, Technical Field or equivalent is desired.
- 7-10 years Maintenance Engineering experience; wire and cable experience highly desirable.
- Experience leading high performance work teams.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Experience with process control and new product introduction technologies.
- Proven project management skills.
- Strong record of Lean Sigma Tools implementation is desired.
Prysmian Group, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, aims to attract and recruit individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills and abilities, who will enhance the quality of service and contribute to the Group’s success. Prysmian Group is committed to the development of an organization that prioritizes talent, where people feel respected, appreciated and free to fully express their human potential. Prysmian Group strongly believes that diversity drives meritocracy and brings significant value at all levels of the organization, increases the possibility of capturing market opportunities and maximizing value for our customers and shareholders. Prysmian Group bases its decisions on principles of equality, with evaluations based on the type of position and with a focus on best practices so individuals succeed based on their efforts and skills and their alignment with applicable job requirements.
Line Mangers, Hiring Managers, HR Corporate and HR Local are responsible for ensuring that diversity and inclusion are respected during the recruiting process. Unconscious bias and stereotypes must not influence our selection processes. We look for the best candidates and for the real value they can bring into the organization. We value meritocracy. We value diversity. We turn off our bias. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Prysmian will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Your application data will be treated according to our Data Protection Policy. If you believe you require assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us know.
Location: Sedalia, MO
Job date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 22:35:39 GMT
Apply for the job now!