Job title: Regional Human Resources Manager
Company: Pacific Coast Producers
Job description: Pacific Coast Producers
Location: 101 Madison St., The Dalles, OR, 97058, United States
Employee Type: Full-Time
Job Category: Human Resources
Required Degree: FOUR_YEAR_DEGREE
Manage Others: Yes
Pacific Coast Producers, one of the top fruit packaging companies in the U.S., is seeking a Human Resources Manager for its production facilities in The Dalles, Oregon.
Stationed at our Downtown Facility in The Dalles, Oregon, this exempt-level manager will be responsible for providing leadership in human resources and labor relations activities for two operations in The Dalles, Oregon. These Oregon facilities employ approximately 400 union production workers, and approximately 20 non-union management and administrative support staff. This position will report directly to the Plant Manager in The Dalles and indirectly to Director level HR staff at the Corporate office.
- Manages Exempt and Non-exempt HR and Payroll staff and oversees and implements all HR and Payroll directives for the facilities in The Dalles.
- Interprets language and administers the Collective Bargaining Agreement and acts as primary contact for union representatives in handling disputes and other matters related to labor relations and labor contract administration.
- Partners with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Recommends, evaluates, and facilitates employee training and development.
- Implements and oversees talent acquisition and all hiring and staffing efforts.
- Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations related to performance or behavioral issues. Makes recommendations for appropriate disciplinary action.
- Investigates and reviews any employee charges or complaints including but not limited to harassment or discrimination. Works in conjunction with Corporate Human Resources personnel to resolve complaints in accordance with corporate policy.
- Maintains and improves human capital management (HCM) systems.
- Supports environmental, health and safety (EHS) efforts including support on workers’ compensation matters.
- Understands rules related to leaves of absence and organizes strategy for handling related issues.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends, and employment and labor legislation.
- Assists executive management in strategic collective bargaining matters, as well as reviewing and administering compensation and benefit programs.
- Reviews and makes recommendations to executive management for improvement of the organization’s policies, procedures and practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study or equivalent years of related work experience required in a Union environment.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal labor regulations.
- Knowledge and application of Human Resources principles and practices.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Effective coaching and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership, administrative, organizational, managerial and communications skills.
- Ability to gather and interpret and analyze information; and develop, recommend, and implement solutions.
- Familiar with Payroll & HRIS systems and proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Strong customer service focus and ability to interact with employees at all levels of the company.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- SPHR or SHRM SCP certification preferred.
Pacific Coast Producers or “PCP” is an agricultural cooperative, and a food production company owned by fruit growers. We make healthy and flavorful products for families around the world to enjoy.
Our maraschino production facility in The Dalles uses Oregon-grown cherries to make a wide variety of products for sale across the globe.
Each PCP facility utilizes complex technology and equipment that require skilled, talented, and motivated personnel to function properly.
Come Work with Us!
Join our legacy of talented people working together to provide the highest level of customer service.
PCP employees can earn competitive pay, along with terrific benefit plans such as affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance.
An employer matching retirement savings plans is also provided to eligible employees.
Location: The Dalles, OR
Job date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 07:15:42 GMT
Apply for the job now!