Monero is a cryptocurrency and one of the Altcoins. Some people use cpu and some use AMD gpu or Nvidia gpu to mine monero. It was very difficult to mine monero by all at one time because one have to mine through separate mining software. In this Blog we will learn how we can mine monero all together by one software
Before starting just have a look on minimum requirements: –
1. Desktop with operating system Windows 10 (64 bits)
2. Nvidia or AMD Grafic Cards (Minimum DDR3)
3. Processor minimum 2.71 GHz
4. RAM minimum 4 GB
5. Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017 64 bits. Download
6. XMR Stak Miner Download
7. Good Internet Connection. 10 mbps is enough.
Now we can start step by step :-
Step 1. Get a wallet address.
For receiving cryptocurrency you should have wallet address. The easy way to get this address just make account with website who provide wallet service. There are many but i prefer Coinpayments Sign Up. This is one of the best. After signing up click on your wallet and create your wallet code of XMR. You will get payment id with code. Copy and past both in a notepad and keep it safe.
Step 2. Get a pool address and Stratum Port.
Mining on your own is not easy and is very expensive so we take help of pools. There are many but i prefer dwarfpool (ex. pool address is xmr-eu.dwarfpool.com and stratum port is 8005). Read all instructions on dwarfpool website. Stratum port is differ as per you cpu or gpu capability.
Step 3. Download XMR Stak All In One Miner (Win 64)
Download XMR-STAK-WIN64 Miner by clicking Download.
Step 4. Run XMR Stak Miner
After downloading you will get a zip file. Extract the zip file and open the extracted folder. You will see an application file named xmr-stak. Click and run the application. Command window will open. Fill the required information which are the following:-
1. Currency Name (Ex. Monero or Aeon)? (Type Monero and enter)
2. Pool address? (Read Step 2 ex. xmr-eu.dwarfpool.com:8005)
3. User Name? (This is your wallet address.payment id-Read Step 1)
4. Password? (Type x)
5. Does this pool port support TLS/SSL? Use no if unknown.(Type N)
6. Do you want to use nicehash on this pool? (Type N)
7. Do you want to use multiple pools? (Type N)
Now it is done. To check your earnings go to dwarfpool monero page https://dwarfpool.com/xmr and enter worker name (Your wallet address.payment id) to work status and click on show.