Job title: JLL Americas Finance Leader – Work Dynamics
Company: Jones Lang LaSalle
Job description: About JLL –
We’re JLL—a leading professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We have operations in over 80 countries and a workforce of over 91,000 individuals around the world who help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. As a global Fortune 500 company, we also have an inherent responsibility to drive sustainability and corporate social responsibility. That’s why we’re committed to our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world. We’re using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people and our communities.
Our core values of teamwork, ethics and excellence are also fundamental to everything we do and we’re honored to be recognized with awards for our success by organizations both globally and locally.
Creating a diverse and inclusive culture where we all feel welcomed, valued and empowered to achieve our full potential is important to who we are today and where we’re headed in the future. And we know that unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives help us think bigger, spark innovation and succeed together.
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements below. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
- In partnership with the Work Dynamics AMR CEO and Global Work Dynamics Leadership Board develop and drive Work Dynamics strategic and commercial growth plan and operational efficiencies for the business.
- Lead all financial planning and performance of the Work Dynamics business in AMR while leveraging global defined operating priorities:
- Drive planning, modelling and analysis to facilitate discussion with and between senior members of the business leadership to drive strategic decisions and to build momentum that continues to move the business strategy and execution forward
- Lead the finance team to provide short-term and long-term planning and accurate forecasting process for the business
- Ensure the delivery of accurate quarterly and annual financial statements in partnership with Regional & Global Controllership
- Serve as an advisor to the AMR CEO and Global CFO of Work Dynamics and Leadership team, providing strategic planning and key decision-making support while delivering on-time, high-quality insights to help drive the business forward:
- Meaningfully contribute to the business strategy and direction; anticipate key issues and informational needs – be prepared to discuss ongoing performance and key projects that will enhance shareholder value
- Support in identifying and assessing WD-specific M&A targets, in line with the broader inorganic growth agenda set globally and lead the team through due diligence and implementation in partnership with the AMR/Global M&A function
- Drive the business’s productivity agenda by going beyond controlling costs to installing more efficiencies into the business, especially from a technology perspective
- Build strong relationships across the business – engage with leaders to ensure the level and quality of information needed to report on firm/business/geography performance is received; be able to provoke the debate and influence the outcome
- Instill finance forecasting accuracy and create team rigor to build muscle with business partners and within finance community; educate leaders on importance of forecasting on external investor reactions to JLL
- Work closely with Client Value and Growth, Commercial and Operations teams to manage bottom line profit and top line growth
- Leverage globally driven technology investments to strengthen and expand advanced analytics and decision-making insights to drive the growth and profitability of the platform and to produce Client P&L reporting and management
- Accelerate operational efficiencies of the finance function to support regional business, client, and product P&Ls while driving global synergies and delivering strategic insights
- Engage with existing and prospective business clients – resolving issues and ensuring the business retains and expands relationships.
- Maintain deep knowledge and understanding of competitor set, financial performance, and areas of focus to remain best-in-class in all areas of reporting and analysis.
- Transform the current Work Dynamics finance team in AMR, roughly 800 colleagues:
- Drive significant change management supporting the OneFinance team and adoption of new ways of working with technology, processes, and operating models as they are implemented globally
- Transform the Work Dynamics finance function as new technology, processes, and operating models are implemented globally
- Provide leadership and coaching that fosters an environment of problem solving, improved business practices and attracts and retains high performing finance talent
- Work to unite Accounts and Client Finance operating teams to improve team dynamics, forecasting accuracy, and drive margin expansion
- Strategic and commercial growth plans agreed with CFO and Leadership teams
- Financially sound operational plans
- Creation of modern and efficient finance organization with leverage of technology.
- Generation of business insight and financial analysis outputs to drive growth and profitability within AMR Work Dynamics
Key relationships or interfaces:
- AMR WD CEO, Global WD CFO, CFO, Work Dynamics Board, AMR CFO
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or accounting; MBA preferred
- 15+ years of professional experience
- 10+ years of managerial experience
- MBA and CPA are a plus
- The Work Dynamics AMR Market Lead must be a seasoned professional who has extensive experience generating results and leading teams with exceptional management skills. The role requires a corporate professional who has entrepreneurial style, looks to the future with optimism to envision what could be possible and implements best in class transformation.
- Ability to deliver simple and effective solutions in a complex matrix-based environment.
- Ability to council and influence senior management on strategic matters.
- Ability to deliver through a geographically dispersed functional team.
- Ability to recognize and act on evolving technology trends impacting the business.
- Extensive work experience in the Finance Function including prior experience as CFO of a multi-unit business, having worked with Leadership, Commercial and Procurement teams
- Exposure to a public company environment preferred.
- In-depth understanding of regulatory/statutory requirements and governance principles/SOX.
- Exposure to US GAAP/IFRS.
- Ability to travel as needed
LOCATION: US Virtual
What you can expect from us
We succeed together and believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your career ambitions, recognizing your contributions, investing in your well-being and providing competitive benefits and pay.
We can’t wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL. Apply today!
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our page
I want to work for JLL.
Pursuant to the Arizona Civil Rights Act, criminal convictions are not an absolute bar to employment.
Pursuant to Illinois Law, applicants are not obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest.
Pursuant to Columbia, SC ordinance, this position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
California Residents only
If you are a California resident as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) please view our which describes your rights and disclosures about your personal information. If you are viewing this on a mobile device you may want to view the CCPA version on a larger device.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, JLL will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Location: Chicago, IL
Job date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 07:28:22 GMT
Apply for the job now!