I believe that looking after your skin from both inside and out is a true act of self-care that can support your overall wellbeing and confidence. The JSHealth way is not to focus on perfection. Forget the airbrushed images you see on social media and in magazines – the goal is to simply support your skin to be as healthy as possible. When you do this, it stops becoming about appearance and instead about how you feel… and that will definitely reflect in your skin. If you’re feeling radiant, your skin will certainly be matching that.
A combination of nourishing my body, using science-focused vitamin skincare and taking targeted supplement formulas really elevates my skin game. Below I am sharing my inside-out skincare routine essentials that I have personally found to be effective in helping me feel and look my best.
- I use a cream cleanser every night to cleanse and remove makeup, leave my skin feeling plump and nourished, rather than stripped. This is important to look after the integrity of your skin barrier for optimal skin health.
- I am very committed to a vitamin C serum daily after face washing. I look for a serum that has over 8% vitamin C combined with hyaluronic acid for skin brightness and hydration.
- I am obsessed with adding probiotics onto my face topically to nourish the skin’s microbiome. I use lactobacillus ferment in my moisturiser and have seen so many benefits.
- I wake up in the morning to collagen coffee. I love a strong cappuccino with 1-2 scoops of marine collagen. I really only use and believe in marine collagen when it comes to skin benefits, such as supporting skin hydration, skin elasticity and collagen levels (which decline with age = important to replenish for maintaining youthful skin).
- Not being afraid of good fats and protein in my diet – essential macronutrients for skin repair and hormonal balance, which is essential for a radiance and clear complexion.
- 2L water daily is essential for supporting my skin hydration levels from within.
- I take a daily probiotic to nourish my gut microbiome. The skin and gut connection is real via the pathways of inflammation. Supporting a healthy digestive system therefore supports healthy skin.
- I never go without my triple strength fish oil – so important for skin health.
- I’ve also started using a formula containing a special blend of ingredients called SkinAx2™, an award-winning formula of efficacious natural antioxidants, combining French Grapeseed and Melon Extracts, along with an infusion of Vitamin C and Zinc. It is clinically studied to increase luminosity by 26%, significantly reduce facial imperfections by 18% and reduce dark circles by 12%.* Loving my results so far!
*Based on study findings.
Reference: Dumoulin et al. Clin Cosmet Investig Dermatol. 2016; 9: 315–324.