Job title: Instructor, Electricity (part-time)
Company: Milwaukee Area Technical College
Job description: Description
Develops and teaches concepts and strategies for a variety of courses. May require teaching courses at MATC campuses, business, community, other sites, and online during the day, evening, and/or weekend. Related duties include participation in department and advisory meetings, department and college functions, course and curriculum development in both traditional and non-traditional formats, online courses, staff development, conduct open labs (if/when necessary), student advising, student outcome assessment and quality review assessment and implementation, student organization involvement, recruitment and retention of students, and other duties as assigned**. Required to keep current with the latest trends and technologies in discipline.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare for and deliver instruction and perform teaching-related activities.
- Manage the classroom/laboratory.
- Develop curriculum and monitor and revise as appropriate to maintain course effectiveness; assist in program/department evaluation. **
- Manage equipment, supplies and materials.
- Assess student performance.
- Advise students on academic issues. **
- Collaborate with advisory committee in program/department area. **
- Attend departmental and institutional meetings. **
- Promote the education/training program/department, participate in efforts to recruit and retain students, and participate in efforts to promote educational opportunities at MATC.
- Support student organizations and activities. **
- Develop relationships with business and industry. **
- Complete program/department evaluation and follow-up.
- Maintain certification, continue professional development and stay current in field.
- Other related duties as assigned.
**Part-time faculty are encouraged, but not required.
- Must have completed a registered apprenticeship in Electricity Trade
- Must have a minimum of seven (7) years of full-time or equivalent (14,000 hours) occupational experience in the electricity trade as an apprentice or journey level electrician in construction and/or industrial maintenance, or a combination of both. Up to two (2) years of occupational experience in commercial or industrial eletrical system design can be counted toward occupational experience.
- In addition, one of the following must be met:
- At least three (3) years of work experience must have occurred within the last five years. OR
- Two (2) years of teaching Electricity course work at the post-secondary level within the last five years
Industry or vendor certification:
- Apprenticeship certificate from Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development Bureau of Apprenticeship Standards or equivalent.
- Must have a current license as a Journeyman Electrician or Master Electrician from the State of Wisconsin.
- Previous teaching experience preferred.
- Experience in teaching and/or developing curriculum in a variety of classroom environments including in-person and online.
- Experience using a variety of instructional methods including: face-to-face, blended, and 100% online preferred.
- Must be able to develop and maintain curriculum currency.
- Working knowledge of computers and software related to instructional area including MS Office/Google Suite, data systems, mobile technologies, web conference tools, and social networking; and knowledge of, or willing to learn, Blackboard or similar learning management system (LMS) preferred.
- Knowledge or experience with engaged and service learning strongly required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively through both oral and written means.
- Must have knowledge of assessment of student academic competency attainment.
- Must be able to relate successfully with students and staff of diverse cultural, social and educational backgrounds.
- Must embrace and demonstrate Standards of Teaching Excellence and the MATC Career Essentials in development and delivery of instruction:
MATC Career Essentials
- Effective Communication through Speaking and Listening
- Effective Communication through Writing
- Mathematical Competency
- Effective Problem Solving
- Global Awareness
- Technology Competency
- Email – Experience with email systems
- Telephone – Experience with a voice mail system
- Computer – Experience with software to prepare documents, presentations, spreadsheets, etc.
- Experience with or willingness to learn the following supportive technologies:
- Online Learning Management and Information Systems used for instruction, student advising, student programs/departments, grading, class schedules and rosters, etc.
- Experience delivering synchronous instruction using multi-media based, and emerging technologies.
- Experience delivering distance learning where applicable.
Expected salary: $28.13 – 33.67 per hour
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Job date: Sat, 02 Oct 2021 00:24:00 GMT
Apply for the job now!