Model and nutrition enthusiast Karen Koramshai, shares an exclusive recipe for Foodie Friday – roast salmon, avocado and puy lentil salad
Karen Koramshai is a model and chef and wellness expert.
Passionate about self-care too, Karen has launched her first website which is full of nourishing recipes and inspiring content to help others discover new ways to live tastier, healthier and happier lives.
Roast salmon, avocado and puy lentil salad
This delicious main course salad is positively packed with goodness including omega 3 fatty acids from the salmon (important for brain function and cardiovascular health) and the avocados have three times more potassium than bananas.
The Puy lentils also have a good amount of protein and slow release carbohydrates which keep you feeling fuller for longer.
- 500 grams boneless, skinless organic salmon fillet
- 1 large or 2 medium ripe avocados peeled and chopped at the last minute
- 200 grams cooked Puy lentils (I use ‘Merchant Gourmet’ pouches of cooked lentils available in all good supermarkets)
- A small bag of rocket washed and spun dry
- 1 small cucumber thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Dressing – makes more than you’ll need but keeps for a week in the fridge in a tightly sealed jar:
- 200 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons organic, unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove crushed
- ½ bunch of chives finely chopped
1. To make the dressing whisk together the ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Season the salmon well with salt and pepper.
3. In a non-stick frying pan cook the salmon for 4-5 minutes on each side. When cooked it should still be a little pink on the inside. If you prefer your salmon cooked well done simply cook for a further 2 minutes.
4. Set aside on a plate and allow to cool.
5. Toss the rocket, lentils and avocado in a mixing bowl with just enough dressing to coat.
6. Arrange the cucumber slices around the edge of a serving platter and pile the salad in the centre.
7. Flake the salmon over and drizzle with a little more of the dressing.
Karen Koramshai is a model, chef and wellness expert. Karen aims to live the most nourishing and balanced lifestyle, for her and her family.
Inspired by her childhood in Brazil and travelling through her career as a model and Commerical Director for magazines including ELLE Paris, Karen Koramshai learned to love local food, from cooking it to its nutritional and healing properties.
Along her travels, Karen has learnt to embrace new wellness practices and fitness methods and over the years beginning to create her own network of experts within the fields of health, wellbeing, fitness, travel and beauty.
More from Karen Koramshai:
Foodie Friday: chocolate & peanut butter protein balls
Model and chef Karen Koramshai shares 5 easy vegan snack recipes
Foodie Friday healthy lunch: Crushed pea, pesto and goat’s cheese bruschetta
Foodie Friday vegan recipe: smoked tofu & vegetable skewers with spicy peanut dipping sauce
More Healthista Content:
7 ways to get smarter without opening a book
Warning signs of cancerous moles and what to do about them
How to protect yourself from coronavirus now that things are back to normal – an expert guide
‘The skincare clinic that helped clear my cystic acne’