Job title: Environmental Health Safety Specialist
Company: Prysmian Group
Job description: Nature and Scope
Reporting to the North America Director of Health, Safety and Environmental with daily reporting to Facility Leader (Matrix organization); the NA HSE Manager leads corporate and regulatory health, safety and environmental initiatives and processes at assigned location to reduce team member injury, ensure ongoing regulatory compliance and minimize Company exposure. This position works closely with Corporate QHSE, facility leadership, various other corporate functions, as well as external agencies and resources.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, training, and maintenance of facility policies, programs and procedures to reduce team member injury, minimize company exposure and ensure compliance with corporate HSE management system and all applicable HSE regulations (OSHA; EPA; DOT; etc.).
- Ensures ongoing compliance with all environmental permits, regulations, and reporting requirements for assigned facilities.
- Ensures alignment on programs involving team member engagement and behavior-based safety processes.
- Leads and maintains certification of ISO 14001.
- Builds competent HSE teams at facility through communicating corporate procedures, coaching, training, and follow up on issues related to HSE.
- Partners with facility Leadership Team to develop strategies and execution plans in response to key HSE initiatives to promote a Zero & Beyond culture.
- Responsible for timely and accurate reporting of all Corporate metrics and data requests.
- Proactively provides hands-on support in areas such as: Health, Safety and Environmental Procedure implementation (Corporate and site specific), behavioral safety processes, corporate safety mandates, problem analysis/troubleshooting, and interpretation of applicable regulatory regulations.
- Conducts and assists with internal and external HSE audits and meets with regulatory agencies during facility inspections/audits as required.
- Acts as a support resource in the development and review of facility specific HSE training needs analysis, operational reviews and new installation assessments.
- Leads investigations into serious or critical HSE matters as directed by senior leadership.
- Partners with Facility leadership to participate in key HSE team meetings, Kaizen/Gemba events, and other key meetings where HSE representation is requested.
- Drives an incident reporting process that ensures effective investigation, reporting, corrective actions, and best practice sharing throughout their business unit and corporate.
- Works closely with HSE counterparts and serves as region representative to cross-regional forums for best practice sharing, idea exchange, shared learning, etc.
- Participates in other key HSE initiatives as assigned by the Director of HSE.
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational safety and or environmental studies, engineering, or other related field.
- 2 plus years of direct HSE experience including OSHA and EPA compliance, behavior-based safety, process hazard and risk analysis, root cause evaluation, incident management, standards and procedural development, auditing, and training.
- Demonstrated passion for safety and environmental excellence.
- Knowledge of US health and safety regulations(OSHA, EPA, NFPA etc.).
- Direct experience with ISO 14001.
- Knowledge of cable manufacturing desirable.
- Knowledge of worker’s compensation regulations.
- Strong organizational & planning skills.
- Excellent analytical skills & problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with technology such as excel, PowerPoint, Word and other standard computer applications.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills (oral & written), able to interact with all levels in the organization.
- Ability to work with little direct supervision.
Prysmian Group, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, aims to attract and recruit individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills and abilities, who will enhance the quality of service and contribute to the Group’s success. Prysmian Group is committed to the development of an organization that prioritizes talent, where people feel respected, appreciated and free to fully express their human potential. Prysmian Group strongly believes that diversity drives meritocracy and brings significant value at all levels of the organization, increases the possibility of capturing market opportunities and maximizing value for our customers and shareholders. Prysmian Group bases its decisions on principles of equality, with evaluations based on the type of position and with a focus on best practices so individuals succeed based on their efforts and skills and their alignment with applicable job requirements.
Line Mangers, Hiring Managers, HR Corporate and HR Local are responsible for ensuring that diversity and inclusion are respected during the recruiting process. Unconscious bias and stereotypes must not influence our selection processes. We look for the best candidates and for the real value they can bring into the organization. We value meritocracy. We value diversity. We turn off our bias. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Prysmian will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Your application data will be treated according to our Data Protection Policy. If you believe you require assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us know.
Location: Willimantic, CT
Job date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 22:00:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!