Looking for the best veggie burger recipe ever? Here you go! These Edamame Grain Vegan Burgers are filled with superstar, nutrient-rich ingredients, including edamame, walnuts, oats, carrots, and flax. Easy and delicious, these homemade burgers are based on whole ingredients, and contain no added salt, oil, or sugar, making them a healthy, budget-friendly meal for the whole family. Not to mention that these veggie-burgers are also gluten-free. Plus, they are so easy! Just mix up a batch, shape into burgers, bake, and then build your own veggie-burger, just the way you like it, with your favorite toppings. They are yummy served in a whole grain bun with lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, and condiments, as well as for your entrée served with a flavorful dipping sauce, such as avocado crema or sun-dried tomato hummus. Make up a batch and freeze it for later, too!
Are Veggie Burgers Healthy?
Watch me make this recipe on Instagram.
These Edamame Grain Vegan Burgers are so yummy and easy to make, plus they are packed with powerful nutrients. Plus, this homemade burger recipe is gluten-free and contains no added salt, oil, or sugar.
- Place carrots, onion, garlic, bell pepper and fresh herbs in the container of a and chop just until chopped (do not liquify). (Alternatively, chop very finely by hand.)
- Place edamame, walnuts, oats, flax seeds, black pepper, smoked paprika, soy sauce, salt (optional) and lemon juice in the food processor and chop until mixture is finely chopped but not liquified.
- Remove from the food processor and chill mixture for about 1 hour prior to handling.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Form 8 patties by scooping up mixture into a 1/2-cup measuring cup and inverting onto a sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Pat down to about 1/2-inch thickness.
- Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes, until golden brown and firm.
- Serve as desired with whole grain buns and fillings, or as a patty with a sauce or dip. May chill leftover patties for up to 4 days in an airtight container, or freeze for up to 6 months.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes (plus 1 hour chilling)
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1serving
- Calories: 179
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 155 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 7 g
Keywords: best veggie burger, vegan burger recipe, homemade burger recipe
Try these other veggie-burger recipes:
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information click here.