Job title: Delivery Driver
Company: PFP Miller Brothers Staffing
Job description: Miller Brother Staffing Solutions is looking for a Class B delivery driver for a busy manufacturer based in Wheatland Pa
POSITION: CDL B BOX TRUCK DRIVER
A working position which is responsible for daily delivery and pick up of products to meet production demands. This position requires knowledge of trucking procedures, delivery routes, vehicle maintenance, and shipping and receiving procedures. This position also requires working in the shipping department when not functioning as a driver.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Will include the following but is not limited to:
- Daily Inspection of vehicles.
- Properly securing loads upon pick up and delivery.
- Maintain contact with shipping supervisor to report changes and/or delays in route.
- Adhere to schedule to ensure on-time pick up and delivery.
- Professionalism in all customer/client interactions.
- Compliance with all State and Federal regulations while driving.
- Short and long-distance driving as required to meet production demands.
- Packing, unpacking, and sorting of materials on location.
- Working within the department as an inventory associate during non-driving periods.
- Ability to read and speak the English language to comply and interpret road signs.
- Arriving at work on time for every scheduled shift.
**Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company’s discretion.
PREFFERED QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 1 year experience in operating light and delivery trucks.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence as necessary to properly fill out production reports and to request additional support as needed.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Able to use measuring tools to determine that Quality Assurance specifications are met
- STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: The employee will be expected to meet all delivery times agreed upon.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The associate frequently is required to sit, walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl to support production needs.
The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 55 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision (with or without corrective lenses), and the ability to adjust focus.
Production paced operations to support customer (internal and external) demands. Decision making ability to support production as needed.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Must be 21 years of age or older.
Basic operators license and/or Class B CDL.
Clean driving record.
In good physical health; able to pass a physical examination every 2 years.
Expected salary: $14.5 per hour
Location: Wheatland, PA
Job date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 07:50:44 GMT
Apply for the job now!