Job title: Bank Teller- Full Time with Sign-on Bonus
Company: AMERICAN BANK OF COMMERCE
Job description: We’re looking for people who are knowledgeable, sincere, solutions oriented and supportive. We are currently seeking qualified applicants to work as a Full Time Teller at our Austin- Northcross Location. Schedule will be the opening shift Monday through Friday 7:15 am-3:15pm and 2-3 Saturdays a month from 9am-12pm. If hired, applicant will be eligible for a one time sign-on bonus of $500.00 to be paid after applicant has met 45 days of service!
OUR MISSION: Financial Professionals | Finding Solutions | Making a Difference
OUR VISION: The ABC Family of Companies vows to be partners in helping our customers make the most of their finances. Our shared vision is to provide the highest quality products and services designed to fit the unique needs of each customer.
OUR GOAL: To place customer satisfaction and loyalty as our number one priority, to maximize returns to stakeholders, and to create a nurturing environment where employees can maximize their potential.
Tellers will Process a variety of routine financial transactions including check cashing, withdrawals, and deposits. They are responsible for managing and balancing a cash drawer.
Essential Job Functions Include: * Balance currency, coin and checks in cash drawers at end of shift and calculate daily transactions with computers, calculators or adding machines.
- Order customer bank cards and checks.
- Cash checks and pay out money after verifying that signatures are correct, that written and numeric amounts agree, and that accounts have sufficient funds.
- Receive checks and cash for deposit, verify amounts, and check accuracy of deposit slips.
- Examine checks for endorsements and to verify other information such as dates, bank names, identification of the persons receiving payments and the legality of the documents.
- Enter customers’ transactions into computers to record transactions and issue computer-generated receipts.
- Count currency, coins, and checks received, by hand or using currency-counting machine, in order to prepare them for deposit or shipment to branch banks or the Federal Reserve Bank.
- Identify transaction mistakes when debits and credits do not balance.
- Prepare and verify cashier’s checks, travelers checks and money orders.
- Arrange monies received in cash boxes and coin dispensers according to denomination.
- Resolve problems or discrepancies concerning customers’ accounts.
- Explain, promote or sell products and services such as travelers’ checks, savings bonds, money orders, and cashier’s checks.
- Perform clerical tasks such as typing, filing, copying, etc.
- Daily balancing and submittals of SPEC and credit card payments.
- Daily working of night drop bags and envelopes, travelers checks and Visa/ M/C deposits.
- Cross selling of the Bank’s products and services.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management / supervisor.
- Comply with federal, state and company policies, procedures, laws and regulations.
- Adhere to all relevant security responsibilities as outlined in the Bank’s Information Security Program.
- Drive company vehicle to deliver and pick up documents and packages to all local branches and any other locations
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefit packages. Benefits vary based on employment status and position but can include:
· Medical, Dental, Vision, Telemedicine
· Paid Time off, Paid Volunteer Time, and Paid Holidays
· Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care FSA
· Basic Life and AD&D Insurance, Voluntary Life and AD&D
· Long-Term Disability
· 401k Retirement Plan
· Recruiting Referral Bonus
· Employee Stock Ownership Plan
· Gym Membership Reimbursement Program
Think this is something you are interested in? We invite you to apply and learn more about our great company!
If you are unable to submit your application electronically, you may contact the Human Resources Department at 806-775-5000 so that we may assist you. Our Company assures that all applicants for employment and all of its employees are given equal consideration based solely on job related factors, such as qualifications, performance and availability. Such equal consideration applies to all personnel actions, including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, appointment, job assignment, training, promotion, merit increases, demotion, termination, pay rates and fringe benefits.
The company commits to a rigorous and planned effort to encourage men and women of every race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other non-job-related characteristic to find happy, vital and productive job fulfillment at all levels of our company.
Qualified applicants will be required to have a drug screen in addition to background, credit, and reference checks.
Basic Qualifications: * High School Diploma or equivalent; some college preferred.
- Ability to lift 60 pounds
- Basic computer skills
- Customer service and sales skills
- Good oral communication skills
- Prior banking experience a plus!
Skills Required: * Cash Handling Skills
- Computer Skills; Word, Excel, Windows, internal bank programs
- Active Listening Skills
- Speaking Skills: talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Service Orientation Skills: actively looking for ways to help people.
- Time Management Skills
- Judgment and Decision Making Skills
- Active Learning: understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision making.
- Active Listening: giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate.
- Able to lift heavy bags and boxes of coin
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure
- Must possess a ‘: Can-Do’ sales and service attitude.
Location: Austin, TX
Job date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 07:22:33 GMT
Apply for the job now!