Job title: Automation Controls Engineer Located in Brookfield, WI
Company: Engineering Specialists, Inc.
Job description: Become a part of our story and take your career to the next level
Are you a self-starter who likes a variety of projects? Do you want to be challenged to develop innovative solutions? Looking for a flexible, family-friendly work environment? If so, we may have the perfect job for you!
As an Automation Controls Engineer, you will enjoy programming, hardware design, CAD drafting, testing, and start-up for our clients. Our clients’ projects are diverse and include custom automated assembly and/or test machines, along with continuous production processes. You will interact daily with project managers, mechanical engineers, automation engineers, sales, application engineers, purchasing, technicians, and electricians to facilitate successful and timely completion of projects.
Essential Duties – Automation Controls Engineer:
Project Initiation and Development
- Develop design concepts that are feasible and achieve customer’s desired results.
- Develop logical solutions that meet project needs.
- Follow company standards for documentation and project planning.
- Ensure components and assemblies adhere to applicable industry and business standards.
Project Implementation & Testing
- Debug and trouble shoot issues with project implementation.
- Maintain regular communication and follow-up with production to ensure a quality product is delivered to the customer.
- Work on-site at customer locations as needed to ensure a successful installation.
- Assist with assembly, startup, installation, and initial application of end product.
Communication and Collaboration
- Consult with customers, vendors, application engineers, and production to determine optimum project implementation.
- Develop and document recommended course of action for the project
- Respond effectively and promptly to questions and concerns regarding the project.
- Monitor and ensure standard processes are followed as defined by the project life cycle.
- Plan and conduct project kickoff meetings with customer and internal staff.
- Communicate changes to others working on the project as appropriate.
Our ideal Automation Controls Engineer will also have the following experiences:
- Minimum of 3 years of HMI/PLC programming experience with Rockwell or Siemens programs
- Minimum of 3 years of electrical design experience utilizing AutoCAD Electrical
Benefits We Offer!
- 100% Employer Paid Medical and Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Long Term Disability
- Group and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Training and Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Hours
- Paid Time Off in addition to 9 Paid Holidays
- At least 2 years of post-secondary education in engineering – related field
- Minimum of 1 year experience in electrical design creating schematics for customized automation controls or HMI/PLC programming language experience
- Proficiency in Outlook/Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Hold valid driver’s license with ability to drive to client sites
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Job date: Mon, 06 Sep 2021 07:46:47 GMT
Apply for the job now!