BitPinas is thrilled to launch Tezmas Campaign, a Christmas-themed NFT making contest! Supported by TZ APAC, the Crypto Art Philippines group and the NFT Philippines Group, the campaign is for artists and creators to create Christmas-themed NFTs on Tezos-powered NFT marketplaces like Hic et Nunc and OBJKT.com that depict how the holiday is celebrated in the Philippines! Submissions are accepted beginning November 18 to December 13, 2021 with voting taking place from December 14 to 17.
A total of $1000 worth of tez will be given to the winners!
TZ APAC, which is responsible for spreading the usage and awareness of the Tezos blockchain in the Philippines, is inviting artists and creators to mint NFTs (OBJKTs) that showcase how the special season of Christmas is celebrated in the country.
Create NFTs that capture how Pinoys celebrate Christmas. We’re not just expecting parols, belens, simbang gabi, puto bungbongs and bibingka. While we are limiting to 2D and 3D visual art, interactive NFTs, digital art and animation, there’s no limit on how to depict Christmas through your NFTs!
How to Join the Contest:
- Join the Tezos Philippines Community Group (Find @tezosphofficial on Telegram!)
- Mint your NFT (called OBJKT on the Tezos blockchain) between Nov. 18 to Dec. 13, 2021. You can mint on H=N (https://hen.teztools.io / https://hicetnunc.art) or OBJKT.com.
- Feel free to mint as many editions as you want BUT send edition 1 to this address: tz2G9rfyqekEtbeC2dbVuDRYqfuxLhanbvA2 (on Kukai wallet, you can send to @bitpinas Twitter as recipient)
- Indicate that you have joined the contest in this Google Form.
- Tweet a link to your work with the hashtag #tezmasPH! Don’t forget to tag @tzapac and @bitpinas! (The work with the most retweets gets a special prize outside the ranked winnings! Retweets and Quoted tweets will count!)
Deadline of Submission
Make sure you mint and submit your NFTs between Nov. 18 to Dec. 13, 2021 (GMT+8).
- Creativity and Originality – 25%
- Emergence of the Artist’ Personal Vision – 25%
- Skill/Technique – 25%
- Incorporation of the theme – 25%
*There will be a first round of judging, composed of an independent group of international Tezos artists, to determine the finalists that will be presented to the finals judges.
- To be announced beginning Nov. 19, 2021.
|Ranked Winners||1st place – $400 in tez|
|2nd place – $300 in tez|
|3rd place – $150 in tez|
|4th place – $100 in tez|
|5th place – $50 in tez|
|Special Prize||Most Liked and Shared on Twitter – $100 in tez|
Note: The NFT must be your original work, does not contain any copyrighted content, never been published/uploaded in the Internet before, and was never minted prior to the contest launch date of Nov. 18, 2021.
Timeline of Events:
Nov. 18, 2021 – Begin Submissions
Nov. 19, 2021 – Livestream on the CryptoArt PH Discord Group or NFT
Dec. 13, 2021 – Deadline of Submissions
Dec. 14 – 15, 2021 – First round of judging to determine the finalists
Dec. 16 – 17, 2021 – Deliberation from the finals judges
Dec. 17, 2021 – Final livestream and announcement of winners
Livestream on CryptoArt PH Discord
Please join BitPinas, TZ APAC in discussing the #tezmasPH contest on Discord on Nov. 19, 2021 on the Crypto Art PH Discord!
I’m not a solo artist, can we apply as a group?
- You can, if you win, we will send the prize to the wallet address you nominated.
Is there a limit of submission per person?
- Each person can only submit one entry.
- If you apply as a group, each member of the group cannot have their own individual submission.
What format of NFTs are allowed
- We are limiting to 2D and 3D visual art, interactive NFTs, digital art and animation and it will be up to you how you want to best depict Christmas in the medium of your choice. Make sure to check the criteria for judging.
If I win, how will I receive the prize?
- To your nominated tez address
- TZ APAC is the official event sponsor of Tezmas. Minting NFTs on Tezos is cheaper than on other major blockchains, allowing artists to experiment with their prices and their art more freely.
What creations are accepted
- We are limiting to 2D and 3D visual art, interactive NFTs, digital art and animation.
I don’t know how to use H=N!
Do I need a specific crypto wallet to join?
How do I transfer tez from Binance to Kukai wallet?
How much tez do I need to mint?
- Around 1 tez would be enough to join the contest. This covers the registration at H=N, the actual NFT minting and the cost of transfer from Binance to Kukai.
Where can I ask for support if I have other questions?
What happens to our NFT after the competition
- The NFT will remain on the showcase page and will never be sold or burned. This is our commitment to you, but feel free to put the royalty fee to 25% in your editions so you can ensure that we will get nothing from the resale of your NFT.
The paper of record chronicling the crypto movement in the Philippines, BitPinas started in 2017 to help spread correct information about crypto, DeFi, play-to-earn, and NFTs in the country. Find us www.bitpinas.com and www.fb.com/BitPinas.
TZ APAC is one of the leading adoption entities in Asia, designing blockchain strategies for enterprises and creators by working closely with experts and stakeholders in the Tezos ecosystem. www.tzapac.com
Tezos is smart money, redefining what it means to hold and exchange value in a digitally connected world. A self-upgradable and energy-efficient Proof of Stake blockchain with a proven track record, Tezos seamlessly adopts tomorrow’s innovations without network disruptions today. For more information, please visit www.tezos.com.
Artist, forerunner, and digital nomad, JopΞtH is one of the earliest crypto artists and is the co-founder of the Crypto Art Philippines Discord Group. https://twitter.com/AriasJopet
Crypto Art PH Group
Crypto Art PH is a community of artists and collectors dedicated to promoting awareness and education about NFT art in the country. https://twitter.com/cryptoartph
NFT Philippines Group
The official Filipino NFT community, the group is a hub for all things NFT and aims to promote local projects to the world. https://twitter.com/PhilippinesNFT
This article is published on BitPinas: Announcing TezmasPH: A Pinoy Christmas-themed NFT Making Contest!