Job title: Administrative Assistant – Education
Job description: Trinity Christian College seeks a part-time Administrative Assistant for the Education Department. Trinity Christian College seeks a part-time Administrative Assistant for the Education department. The administrative assistant would work to support our traditional, adult, and graduate education programs. Specifically, this work will encompass tasks related to documenting and disseminating program requirement information, processing criminal background checks, managing students’ electronic portfolios and academic files, updating internal databases, and overseeing our Education Unit LMS homesite. Additionally, this person is responsible for managing professional development, licensure, clinical placement, and field experience paperwork for the undergraduate licensure programs and for processing payments and paperwork related to field and clinical placements and department spending.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Each semester
- Arrange for, process, and distribute Criminal Background Checks
- Send field, clinical, and graduate evaluation requests
- Obtain and process cooperating teacher final log sheets, ISBE evaluation and Professional Development forms, and honorariums.
- Keep an electronic file of all paperwork collected and disbursements made
- Process mileage and pay paperwork for college supervisors
- Process payments for services rendered to HR
- Process mileage vouchers to the business office
- Obtain and send thank you notes for field and clinical experience cooperating teachers and principals in all education programs.
- Update Education Electronic Portfolios on Google Sites
- Oversee distribution of content test vouchers
- Send letter about current teacher candidates to principals and partner schools
- Assist Licensure Officer with entitlement process
- Maintain electronic documentation of traditional, adult, and graduate program requirements.
- Collect, upload, and document all program paperwork for traditional, adult, and graduate students in their academic file.
- Maintain the Education Unit Home Site on Brightspace
- In conjunction with financial aid disseminate education student scholarship applications to faculty
- Process student appeals
- Communicate progress on essential duties and responsibilities to supervisor on a monthly basis
- Assume other responsibilities and duties as needed or assigned
Experience with administrative tasks and a high school diploma or equivalency is required with some college preferred.
Other qualifications include:
- Professional expertise and integrity
- Excellent computer and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Capability to keep good, respectful relationships with students
- Consistency in carrying out processes and procedures
- Ability to work efficiency without strong supervision
- Ability to support current and future development of the education programs
- Proficient with Excel, Word, Google documents and webdesign, and other computer applications and technology
- Ability to learn and use CAMS database software and Brightspace Learning Management System
- Ability to adapt to changes in the education program, in state licensure and accreditation requirements, and job procedures
- Aptitude for taking initiative and being a self-starter; ability to multi-task
- Ability to track large amounts of information
This position will also share in delegating work as appropriate to a student worker.
Trinity Christian College seeks candidates that have a personal faith and commitment to Jesus Christ, and a sincere allegiance to the mission of the college.
Applicants should be prepared to upload the following during the online application process:
- A brief cover letter
- Professional resume
- A written statement that describes his/her Christian faith commitment and how it is expressed through involvement with the body of Christ and participation in a local church
Trinity welcomes a response from diverse candidates. EOE
I want jobs like this one emailed to me
By clicking the button above, you agree to the and
Administrative Support Position Type:
Part Time Education:
High School or Equivalent
Save for Future Use
Find Jobs By Category
Powered by , Inc.
The premier site that successfully connects nonprofit organizations with skilled, motivated job seekers.
Location: Palos Heights, IL
Job date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 05:52:10 GMT
Apply for the job now!