After two or so years of experimental dressing—bright colors, statement pieces, and an overall maximalist aesthetic—I find myself craving more simplicity, in a way that still feels special.
As fall approaches, I’ve been looking to add a few new pieces to my wardrobe and thought some of you might be doing the same. I wanted to put together a fall 2022 clothing and accessories edit comprised of a variety of classic, versatile options. The pieces that made the final cut are divided up below into six core categories.
In my fall 2022 clothing and accessories edit, you’ll find classic styles, many with a bit of a twist, that will pair well with plenty of outfits.
Kate’s Fall 2022 Clothing and Accessories Edit
I live in sweaters from October through April! I’m currently swapping out some of my well-loved yet tattered pieces for higher-quality items.
1. Alex Mill Nico Chunky Cardigan $135
2. Mango Openwork Pompoms Knit Sweater $80
3. & Other Stories Turtleneck Knit Sweater $129
Blazers have long been a staple in my wardrobe. I think blazers designed with a roomy fit in mind would make a particularly great layering piece and might even add a bit of androgynous flare to an outfit. I especially like the idea of pairing one with a short skirt or shorts.
4. Old Navy Soft-Brushed Oversized Blazer $80
5. H&M Oversized Single-Breasted Jacket $50
6. Madewell Breezewoven Larsen Blazer $148, on sale for $80
I’ve found myself drawn to lots of different trouser styles this year, from flowy to wide-leg. I recently purchased these Everlane chino pants and like them so much I’ll probably buy another color!
7. Everlane The Relaxed Chino $98
8. Cider Pleated Wide-Leg Trousers $32
9. Old Navy High-Waisted, Wide-Leg Pants $40
I tend to buy a couple of long-sleeve tops each year to layer under sweaters. One of my signature looks is a thin turtleneck under a crewneck sweater—it always works!
10. Mango Striped Cotton T-Shirt $40
11. Z SUPPLY Clarke Rib Long-Sleeve Top $59
12. Good American Sculpted Bodysuit $60
This is the only truly “trendy” item on the list. I think these would offer a nice twist from my standard ankle boots. I think they’re still classic in their own way and could be styled for many fall seasons to come.
13. Matisse via Free People Vegan Ranch Boots $78
14. Sam Edelman via Anthropologie Taryn Western Boots $200
15. Mango Cowboy Ankle Boots $200
A bag is the finishing piece to any outfit. I never regret buying a bag in a classic, simple style since it will work well with so many looks! These three crossbody bags are a few options I love right now.
16. Anthropologie Faux Leather Bucket Bag $88
17. Mango Long Strap Bag $60
18. Anthropologie Julien Mini Leather Bag $118
Editor’s Note: This article contains affiliate links. Wit & Delight uses affiliate links as a source for revenue to fund operations of the business and to be less dependent on branded content. Wit & Delight stands behind all product recommendations. Still have questions about these links or our process? Feel free to email us.
Kate is currently learning to play the Ukulele, much to the despair of her husband, kids, and dogs. Follow her on Instagram at @witanddelight_.