One of my friends from high school used to always text me on July 5 with a simple, clear message: “Happy end of summer!!” One photo was often attached to said text: the freshly-stocked school supply aisle at our local Target. His point? The second July 4 ends, it seems as though we as a society barrel forward toward what’s next—back-to-school, the fall season, or whatever particulars life this time of year might mean to you.
I don’t say this to discourage you. Personally, I do not want summer to be over! I want to soak it in for all it’s worth, primarily in the form of days with endless sunlight, warm weather, and the slower pace of life summer represents at its best. Rather, I say it as a reminder. July is somehow nearly over. August is in three days. And I hope you can find a moment in each of the days to come to savor what summer means to you.
Today on the blog, in our usual fashion, we’re taking a look back at some of the things that captured our team’s attention on the internet this month.
We have some fun recs for you, many of which celebrate the summer season. Below you’ll find a refreshing cocktail recipe, some very good reads, a delightfully bold home tour, and more. We’re also sharing the most-read articles and the best-selling products on Wit & Delight throughout the month of July. We hope you find something (or many things) to enjoy in the links we’ve put together.
Have a delightful weekend!
11 Things We Loved on the Internet in July
1. The bold yet somehow not overwhelming pattern play in this home tour is a design lover’s dream.
2. The pandemic impulse purchases we grew to hate. This is such an intriguing read!
3. Our new business director, Erin, swears by. “I heard about these from and use them every day. I store them in the fridge and put them on every morning to wake myself up.”
4. I made my very first (and then second, and then third) Aperol Spritz at home this month and was surprised to find that it tasted very good, even with my amateur cocktail-making skills.(or simple ratio breakdown) is a good place to start if you’d like to make one for yourself.
5. W&D content creator, Greta, loved watchingthis month. Have you seen it yet?
6. This article serves as a welcome reminder of the genuine importance of texting your friends.
7.has become my go-to color for summer.
8.to improve your Instagram feed.
9. For lovers of animals and the outdoors, our brand director, Bridgette has a rec for you! “This is really nerdy, but I’m really excited about. It can identify the birds by sound. I’ve been able to identify the house finch that sings outside my window each morning.”
10. Let’s end with a couple of book recommendations that might inspire your next read! Erin recommendsby Susie Yang, saying, “This is a lighthearted thriller (if that’s a thing) with great writing that touches a lot on class and race.”
11. I readby Miranda Cowley Heller. I was completely engrossed by the storytelling and character development, the author unraveling new pieces of context bit by bit. It’s about one woman and the many complicated relationships surrounding her; and at the core of it all, the book is a tale of love, in all its many, complex forms.
W&D Top 5: Most-Read Articles in July
W&D Top 5: Best-Selling Products in July
Editor’s Note: This article contains affiliate links. Wit & Delight uses affiliate links as a source of revenue to fund operations of the business and to be less dependent on branded content. Wit & Delight stands behind all product recommendations. Still have questions about these links or our process? Feel free to email us.